Monday, April 12, 2010
Outdoor classes at a College Level
The weather is getting nicer and a trend is starting to appear to me. Not just Phys. Ed. classes, but other classes in different disciplines are starting to hold lectures outside. The premise is very understandable, as giving the students an escape from the tension that is related to the classroom by lecturing outside seems to be a way to help students retain knowledge better. I wonder if the teachers that do this have seen phys. ed. classes outside and then shoose to do this or if they think of the idea on their own. It is about time, i think, that our discipline has a significant bearing on other teachers in different subject areas as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that since the weather is nice, all PE activity classes should be outside. Being in the gym gets so old sometimes. Me being a future physical educator, I will always be taking my classes outside when the weather is good. This gives a change for the students. When it comes to other departments having their classes held outside, I highly agree with it. Being outside and in the fresh air may help the students focus even more!
ReplyDelete